Local Community Resources
Colorado Talking Book Library - Take advantage of the services offered by the Colorado Talking Book Library (CTBL). CTBL provides postage-free recorded, braille, and large print library materials to eligible residents in Colorado.
New and Timely Resources:
Voces Unidas for Justice - help for victims of violence
General Assistance/Help Finding Resources:
- Colorado PEAK Apply for food stamps (SNAP), financial assistance, Medicaid, childcare, or other assistance.
- 2-1-1 or call 2-1-1 Connecting people to resources and assistance
- Catholic Charities Crisis services as well as long-term stabilization, ESL classes, and legal services.
- Fountain Community Services Directory
- The Resource Exchange
Child and family services:
- Center on Fathering
- CPCD...giving children a head start. Free tuition preschool program for prenatal women and children ages 0-5. Enrolling year round.
- El Paso County Child Support Services
- Child abuse 24- Hour hotline 719-444-5700
- Mental health and substance abuse
- Suicide hotline
- Teen Line - Call: 310-855-4673/Text: TEEN to 839863
- TESSA - Domestic Violence 24-Hour Safe Line 719-633-3819
ESL (English as a Second Language) Resources:
- Mango Languages through Security Public Library!
- Academy District #20
- English Language Institute, Pikes Peak Community College
- Family Literacy and ESL classes, District #11
- Pikes Peak Library District
- Care and Share
- Sunnyside Market at Walt Fortman Center 501 Iowa
- Connections4Life (Fountain)
- List of local food pantries
- More food resources
- Take GED Practice tests through Learning Express from Security Public Library!
- Local GED Class Listing
- El Paso County Department of Human Services
- El Paso County Health Department
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- The Salvation Army R.J. Montgomery New Hope Center
- Springs Rescue Mission
- Urban Peak Teen crisis center and shelter
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless - rent and mortgage assistance
- Colorado Springs Housing Authority
- Greccio Housing
- List of low-income housing
- Partners in Housing
Senior citizen services:
- Colorado Resource Network - Legal & Community Services for Seniors
- Fountain Valley Senior Center
- Meals on Wheels
- Silver Key
- Senior Blue Book
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Plans
Substance abuse services:
- Colorado Springs Substance Use Disorder Resources
- Live Another Day - Resources for/by the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) community.
Teens and Young Adults:
- The Place (formerly Urban Peak)
- Offers three programs: Outreach, Shelter and Housing.
- Black Hills Energy Speak with Customer Service to see if you can get assistance paying your bill.
- LEAP (Low-income Energy Assistance Program) Help with winter heating costs through Colorado Springs Utilities (income-based)
- Project Cope Year-round utility assistance through Colorado Springs Utilities (regardless of income)
- Colorado Division of Veteran Affairs
- Colorado Locations for U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Veterans Assistance
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Resources for Substance Abuse
- El Paso County Public Health Family Planning Clinic
- Peak Vista Women’s Health Center
- Planned Parenthood
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Provides qualifying women and children with supplemental food, education on nutrition topics, and referrals to community programs.